This one-day conference is designed for tree care professionals, volunteers, and enthusiasts including arborists, tree wardens/municipal tree care specialists, foresters, landscape architects and shade tree committee members. This year's theme is safe work practices.
Sponsored by UMass Extension in cooperation with the UMass Dept. of Environmental Conservation, the Massachusetts Department of Conservation and Recreation and the USDA Forest Service Urban Natural Resources Institute.
- DCR Update • Mollie Freilicher/Julie Coop, MA DCR Urban Forestry Program
- Emerging Approaches to Tree Inventory Analysis • David V. Boniarz, Ph.D., UNRI and Gabriel Markarian, University of Massachusetts
- Best Practices for Applicators: Pesticides & Plant Pollinators in the Urban Landscape • Anne Averill, Ph.D., UMass Dept. of Environmental Conservation
- PPE, Deer Ticks and Their Management in the Landscape • Larry Dapsis, Cape Cod Cooperative Extension
- OSHA and the Tree Care Industry • Dale Varney, OSHA Compliance Specialist
- Climbing Tips for Long-Term Physical Health and Safety • Melissa LeVangie, Shelter Tree Products, Inc.
- Plant Disease Update: What Can We Expect This Growing Season? • Nicholas Brazee, Ph.D., UMass Extension
3 PESTICIDE CONTACT HOUR AVAILABLE for Applicator's License and categories 29, 35, and 36.
Association credits available: 5.75 ISA, 5.5 SAF, .75 CTSP, 4 AOLCP, and 1 MCH.
MCA and MCLP credit pending.
Click here for a registration form or to register online using a credit card.
Cost is $65/person for first registration, $50/person for each additional registration from the same company. Coffee break and parking pass included in registration fee (lunch is on your own).
For more information, contact UMass Extension at (413) 545-0895, or email Ellen Weeks.