A special award given by the MNLA President in appreciation for dedication and outstanding service within the association on behalf of the nursery and landscape industry.
The following are the recipients of the President’s Award which began in 1999.
- 1999 Mark Sawyer, MCH — Weston Nurseries, Inc .
- 2000 Kevin Hollister, MCH — Hilltop Horticulture
- 2001 Tom Strangfeld; MNLA Past President — Weston Nurseries, Inc.
- 2002 Christopher Kennedy, MCH — Kennedy’s Country Gardens, Inc.
- 2003 Phillip Boucher, MCH — Tranquil Lake Nursery
- 2004 Mark Sawyer, MCH — Weston Nurseries, Inc.
- 2005 Karen Howard — Howard Garden Designs
- 2006 Patricia Bigelow, MCH — Bigelow Nurseries
- 2006 R . Wayne Mezitt, MCH — Weston Nurseries, Inc.
- 2007 Mark Ahronian, MCH — Ahronian Landscape & Design, Inc.
- 2010 Jeffrey Willman, MCH -Bigelow Nurseries, Inc.
- 2010 Rena M. Sumner – MNLA Executive Director
- 2011 Karen Howard, MCH - Howard Garden Designs, Inc.
- 2012 Cheryl Salatino, MCH – Dancing Shadows Garden Designs
YOUNG NURSERY PROFESSIONALS OF THE YEAR AWARD
The Young Nursery Professional of the Year is an annual award established by the New England Nursery Association. Its purpose is to reward, to honor and to encourage participation, achievement and growth by an individual who is involved in a related horticultural industry and has not reached the age of 40 years, who has shown involvement in his or her state and/or regional nursery association, who have contributed to the growth and success of their company of employment and who has portrayed an image to the public of what our products and services can do for them.
The selection of Young Nursery Professional of the Year is made by the appropriate leaders within the individual state nursery association.
- 2012 Aime Jakubowitz Sund, MCH – Wheat Landscape Gardening and Design
- 2011 Kenneth Roth, MCH – Northeast Nursery, Inc.
- 2010 Joseph Sokol – Fourth Generation Nurseries, Inc.
- 2008 Geoff Uva, MCH — Bigelow Nurseries, Inc.
- 2007 Richard Bursch, MCH — Lakeview Nurseries
- 2006 Christopher Kennedy, MCH — Kennedy’s Country Gardens, Inc.
- 2005 Kelly Perry, MCH — Sylvan Nursery, Inc.
- 2004 Jim Stucchi, MCH — Ahronian Landscape and Design
- 2003 Tim Hay, MCH — Bigelow Nuseries, Inc.
- 2002 Skott Rebello, MCH — Harborside P .S.
- 2001 Michael Maneri, MCH — Weston Nurseries, Inc.
- 2000 Mark Sawyer, MCH — Weston Nurseries, Inc.
- 1999 Steve Radzik, MCH — Bigelow Nurseries, Inc.
- 1998 Jeff Willman, MCH — Bigelow Nurseries, Inc.
- 1997 Michelle Harvey, MCH — Lakeview Nurseries
- 1996 Joshua Wright, MCH — Garden Craft, Inc.
- 1995 Mark Ahronian, MCH — Ahronian Landscaping & Design, Inc.
- 1994 Ralph Peckham — Lovell’s Nursery & Garden Center
- 1993 Greg Georgaklis, MCH — Gold Star Wholesale Nursery
- 1992 Charles H MacKinnon, MCH — Bigelow Nurseries, Inc.
- 1991 Phil Barber — Tarnow Nursery
- 1990 Peter Quinlan — Quinlans Nursery
- 1989 Jim McBratney, MCH — Sylvan Nursery, Inc.
ENVIRONMENTAL LEADERSHIP AWARD
The Massachusetts Nursery and Landscape Association, Inc. is dedicated to helping the citizens of the Commonwealth, plan, develop and maintain the private and public landscapes of Massachusetts. It has always been our goal to provide this service to the public in a manner consistent with sound environmental practices. We recognize that a partnership with the governmental, educational and environmental communities is the most effective way to achieve that goal. The Massachusetts Nursery and Landscape Association’s Environmental Leadership Award established in recognizes individuals who have consistently provided informed leadership in dealing with complex environmental issues.
The following individuals were selected for their wisdom, impartiality and willingness to make difficult decisions that have quietly contributed to the quality of life of each citizen of the Commonwealth.
Representative John Fernandes
Representative Carolyn Dykema
Representative Sarah Peake
Commissioner, Scott Soares, MA Department of Agricultural Resources
Senator Michael Knapik
Representative Anne Gobi
Representative Frank I. Smizik
Assistant Attorney General, Robert W. Ritchie
Senator Pamela Resor
Representative Vinny deMacedo
Representative Daniel Bosley
Brad Mitchell, Massachusetts Department of Agricultural Resources
Attorney General Thomas Riley
Senator Therese Murray
Representative Anthony Verga
Representative Edward Connolly
Senator Bruce Tarr
Representative Michael Rodrigues
Dr. Allen Barker, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
Senator Stanley Rosenberg
Representative John Quinn
Gerald Peters, Norfolk Agricultural High School
Senator Stephen Brewer
Representative George Peterson
Dr. Daniel Plourde, Pioneer Valley Educational Collaborative
Senator Robert Antonioni
Representative William Straus
Deborah Swanson, UMass Extension Plymouth
Senator Susan Fargo
Representative Steve Kulik
Ron Kujawski, UMass Extension Educator
Senator Robert Durand
Representative Barbara Gardner
Kathleen Carroll, UMass Extension Amherst